Monday, October 11, 2010

Centerpieces for $10 or less?

A few weeks ago, I helped my sister put together some centerpieces for her wedding.  Queen Anne's Lace worked great as a filler flower and we were able to add roses, a couple of mini callas, carnations, etc. from the flower market for an elegant design that bottom lined at around $20 per centerpiece. My wedding set up is a little different, however. Most of my tables are either 4 or 6 tops so a tall or too wide centerpiece will seem too extravagant. Also, many of the tables will be moved for dancing halfway through the reception so the pieces need to be easy to put up and take down. I don't want to skimp on drama or originality while also maintaining a bottom line of $10 or less. Here's what I got:

Tiki glasses as votive holders or vases.
You can get mini's for as low as $2.50 each and the larger ones run for around $5 each. DEAL!



I also thought of using tea and coffee cannisters and saw some nicely repurposed tins...

Cacti are another great option and you don't have to worry about wilting.






 


No comments:

Post a Comment